Brief introduction to MeiBang MB-Ionic glass interlayer
MB-Ionic glass interlayer is the ionic polymer interlayer film. The MB-Ionic glass interlayer film has excellent properties, its tear strength is 5 times as high as that of PVB film, and its hardness is 30-l00 times. At low deformation rate, MB-Ionic glass interlayer laminated glass exhibits elastic-plastic properties, while PVB exhibits super-elastic-plastic properties. At the high deformation rate, PVB hardens and exhibits the properties of elastoplastic, MB-Ionic glass interlayer exhibits a high rigidity in the whole range. MB-Ionic glass interlayer laminated glass has same bending strength as single piece glass on same thickness. Compared with the other interlayer film laminated glass, MB-Ionic glass interlayer laminated glass has higher strength and rigidity, and it can effectively reduce the thickness of glass, especially is beneficial to point-supported glass. MB-Ionic glass interlayer laminated glass has better security performance, can be used in staircase, floor, lighting roof, curtain wall glass, and also can be used to prevent from hurricane, bullet impact, theft etc., thanks to the excellent performance of the strong impact resistance.
1. The laminated glass interlayer should have the following characteristics:
(1) colorless, of high transparency;
(2) low hygroscopicity to prevent water molecules invading the interlayer resulting in producing bubbles or degumming.
(3) It has good thermal stability to keep the adhesive layer not degumming or be broken by the change of temperature, thus could ensure the safety of laminated glass;
(4) It has good light stability to keep the interlayer material is not easy to have color change or become brittle under the effect of light, which could ensure the optical properties of the laminated glass.
(5) It has good bonding force, when the glass is broken by impact force, the glass does not fall off which could ensure personal safety;
(6) It has good elasticity to increase the penetration resistance and vibration absorption of laminated glass.
The building curtain wall, windows and doors are mainly adopted with dry laminated glass. In line with the above requirement, organic laminating layer material are mainly of PVB film and EVA film is rarely used. In recent years, the new developed MB-Ionic glass interlayer has excellent performance in the field of glass lighting roof, glass window and the curtain wall. It has a good broad application prospect.
2. Characteristics of MB-Ionic glass interlayer
(MB-Ionic glass interlayer) is a copolymer of ethylene and methacrylate and it is an ionic polymer intermediate film. The bonding between PVB film and the glass is mainly due to the hydrogen bond between the ester group and the hydroxyl group in the Si-OH group in the polyvinyl butyral molecular chain. However, MB-Ionic glass interlayer contains about 1% sodium metal ions, so the bonding force between the film and glass is mainly the result of ionic bond, and the bond strength is much higher than that PVB (The difference is 3 ~ 4 grades if tested by hammer impact). Certainly, MB-Ionic glass interlayer and PVB laminated glass are all pressed at 140℃,1.2MPa by a high temperature and a high pressure. Therefore, the physical adsorption formed by the infiltration process between the interface molecules will also play a role in the bonding between the film and the glass.
MB-Ionic glass interlayer is designed to meet the needs of today's construction industry. It has the same crushing safety and fragment retention capacity as PVB, but it can greatly improve the anti-impact, anti-theft, anti-riot and anti-disaster performance of safety glass. To keep the glass intact in the frame, a stiffer and stronger MB-Ionic glass interlayer film is a better choice. It is suitable for ceiling glass and has more stringent strength and deflection requirements for its safety in use and after breakage. When the temperature of laminated glass increases, it has more stability, longer service life, excellent tolerance and edge stability.
Figure 1. Comparison of MB-Ionic glass interlayer and PVB Laminated Glass
•MB-Ionic glass interlayer is elastic material,high tear energy (5 X PVB)
Glass transition temperature ~ 55 °c (Stiffness 30-100 X PVB film)
Figure 2. Strength Attributes
•MB-Ionic glass interlayer laminates is stronger than PVB laminates
• MB-Ionic glass interlayer laminate shows near equivalence to monolith glass of same total thickness.
Figure 3.Relative strength
MB-Ionic glass interlayer laminates show improved strength properties over other interlayers. Good opportunities to reduce glass thickness, particularly for thicker laminates. Especially beneficial for point-supported glass.
Figure 4. Relative deflection
MB-Ionic glass interlayer laminates show improved stiffness properties over other interlayers. Good opportunities to reduce glass thickness.
Property and design information available from Shanghai Meibang.
Figure5. Blast test performance
Provides cost-effective solution versus glass-clad polycarbonates.
Figure6. Weathering behavior extensive weathering tests
1. a wide range of weather resistance test
2. MB-Ionic glass interlayer exhibits none of the edge defects that sometime develop in traditional PVB laminates.
3. No change in color or haze
Figure 7. MB-Ionic glass interlayer fixing system
1. MB-Ionic glass interlayer adheres well to metals, such as AL.
2. Enhanced post-glass breakage performance.
3. Design flexibility and aesthetics. Interlayer becomes primary structural component in system
Figure 8.Aesthetics and light control
The transparent effect of MB-Ionic glass interlayer combined with super white glass is better.
Figure 9. Creep loading: Post-glass breakage
1, the test sample, horizontal plate, pre-fracture treatment, central loading, four-sided support
2. The main failure of the test was as follows: Out of frame, damage and tear at the fixed place
3. Polymer tear energy is a major variable in determining impact performance.
4. The impact resistance is inversely proportional to the adhesion.
5. Polymer debonding a necessary precursor to polymer stretching and energy dissipation (analogous to CMCs).
6. Post glass breakage performance as determined by in plane displacement of fragmented laminate affected strongly by polymer modulus.
7. Improved stiffness and tear energy gives superior performance.
The thickness below 0.89（mm）is in rolls, and its length is 200 meters.
The thickness more than 0.89（mm）is in sheets, with specification: 2440*3660MM, 2440*3300MM
And we also could solve the problems that SGP is not difficult to be acquired, use ratio not high, rate of finished products low,transparency of multi-compound film low etc.